Bella Vida Santa Barbara takes our commitment to sustainable and eco-friendly business practices seriously. We are always striving to improve on all fronts.
How we are helping to Protect the Environment and Animals:
- All our Skincare is made from 100% Natural, Biodegradable ingredients. Made in the USA.
- We are Proud to be Certified Cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny Program. All our skincare suppliers have attested to being Cruelty-Free as well.
- We use recycled paper products and recyclable packaging in all our products and shipping materials.
- We use biodegradable Cello tape to seal our packages.
- We will be offering Flowering Seed paper for all our Cartons, Cards and other printed materials very soon.
- We are striving to be a Zero Waste Brand. We offer Refills on all our Skincare.
- Our Glass Jars and Bottles have biodegradable wood tops sourced from sustainable sources to help reduce plastics in our containers. We are always looking for 100% plastic-free options as well.
- Our Labels are printed on 100% post consumer Recycled Plastic.
- We use recycled and compostable paper fill to pack our items.
- We reuse shipping materials that other companies send us as often as we can for void fill in our packages instead of tossing them.
- If you ever find plastic bubble wrap in our shipping, it is because we have reused what other companies have sent us. We do not buy bubble wrap new. Reusing plastic bubble wrap keeps it out of the waste stream. We encourage our customers to keep reusing our shipping materials instead of tossing or recycling.
- We have encouraged our suppliers to get rid of Plastic containers and lids and opt for more eco-friendly choices instead.
- Our shipping Boxes are made from Recycled paper and are sourced from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified suppliers
- All our Skincare and Printed products come from companies based in the USA to assure the highest quality and also reduce carbon emissions on shipping.
- We have a "Zero Waste Refill Program" where our customers can ship back our empty jars and bottles for refills at a greatly reduced price to cut down on waste.
- We hold regular beach clean-up parties in our local areas with other passionate ocean lovers.
- We donate 1% of Profits to NonProfits to help protect our Oceans and Sea Life, like Surfrider and Oceana.
- Our Glass Water Bottles are fully recyclable and made with a BPA-free plastic lid that is recyclable.
- We are committed to upholding the highest standards of sustainability and as close to Zero Waste as possible. We may not be perfect yet, but we are committed to being as close as possible as a small business. And as we grow, we plan to Disrupt the Beauty Industry and make other skincare and beauty companies reexamine their business practices, especially advocating ending cruel and needless Animal Testing.
- We would love to hear from you if you have kind suggestions on how we can improve and if there are cosmetic packaging suppliers that provide more elegant. eco-friendly options, we would love to know! You can message us on Instagram @bellavidasb or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support of my Small business,
Erin Schmidt, Founder & CEO